Up in the Northern mountains of Thailand lies a real treasure of the nation, the Chiang Mai Night Safari. This beauty of a Night Safari was inspired by a similar feat achieved by Singapore at the time. On the 9th of September in 2004, the government granted the order to start development.
The Safari is broken up into two main zones, the touring zone, and the attractions zone. The tourist zone comprises the main building, which has shops, meeting rooms, activity areas, and animal viewing points. Neighboring the shops is the lake that showcases a dancing fountain. Beyond the fountain is the exquisite Giraffe Restaurant, which serves both a la carte and buffet menus. The Safari also offers a resort to accommodate tourists for an overnight stay.
The attractions expand beyond what the mind can imagine. The Jaguar Trail Zone is a 1.2 km walk around the lake. The attractions also include a Digital Zoo show that uses technology to bring to life some of the most riveting wildlife experiences. For the young ones, the kid’s zone is a must-visit. The play area includes a variety of interactions for children to enjoy.
The attractions don’t end there. The Tiger World has a variety of tigers from around the world that visitors can learn about and interact with. The north and south zones of the Safari cover the Predator Prowl Zone that has carnivorous animals and the Savannah Safari Zone that has herbivorous animals.
If you find yourself in the North of Thailand enjoying all of its mountainous beauties, among other things, do not miss the Chiang Mai Night Safari. This adventure promises to be an experience that will redefine the realm of night safaris in the Asian continent.
The Night Safari first opened on February 6th, 2006, covering over 327 acres of land, making it the world’s largest nocturnal zoo. The Safari encompasses over 400 animals with over 50 species. Since some animals are non-dangerous, the zoo leaves them out for guests to play with, which adds an exciting element to the Safari experience.
The Safari is open every day from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm and follows a rigorous schedule for events and other attractions. The Night Safari is a huge proponent of educating the Thai public on animal safety and welfare. The Safari launched the Chiangmai Night Safari Project sponsored by the government that funds an open dialogue between advocates and different arms of the government on animal welfare issues.
Some of the fundamental guiding principles of the organization include the intention to integrate art, culture, tourism, and natural resources to uplift the people in the area and the population at large. While the organization is an extension of the Ministry of Tourism, they have deep-rooted values in social responsibility and giving back to the community.
How to get there
- The only way to get to Chiang Mai Night Safari is by car.
Car: 33 Moo 12, Nong Khwai, Hang Dong, Chiang Mai 50230 Thailand
- You may also use the local taxis or Grab app.
- Or you can use their free shuttle bus service.
Chiang Mai Night Safari’s operating hours are from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Price and Packages
|Ticket Type||Ticket Price Adult||Ticket Price Child (101-140 cm)||Timings for each activity|
|Jaguar Trail Zone (walking activity)||฿ 100||฿ 50||11:00 AM – 9:30 PM|
|Day Safari (Thai commentary)||฿ 800||฿ 400||3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Ride every 30 mins (1 ride = 60 mins)|
|Night Safari (Thai commentary)||฿ 800||฿ 400||Departs 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM|
|Night Safari (English commentary)||฿ 800||฿ 400||Departs 6:50 PM – 10:00 PM|
For more information visit: http://www.chiangmainightsafari.com/cnsweb/index.php/en/plan-your-visit
Chiang Mai Night Safari has several facilities for its customers.
1.Free shuttle bus service
Station 1: You can take the free shuttle bus from Imm Hotel (Tha Phae) to
Chiang Mai Night Safari at 4:45 PM.
Station 2: You can also take the free shuttle bus from the Night Bazaar to
Chiang Mai Night Safari at 5:00 PM.
2. The Night Safari has a resort inside for lodging.
3. The seminar room is a space for hosting conferences and different activities.
4. Chiang Mai Night Safari has a souvenir shop with all kinds of merch, ranging from shirts to bags.
5. If you feel hungry, the Night Safari has food and beverages kiosk.
The Night Safari has three different shows.
- Creatures of the Night Show:
- This is a night dancing show (6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM, & 9:00 PM)
- Night Predators Show:
- This show is all about wild predators that hunt at night (5:20 PM, 6:50 PM, & 8:40 PM)
- The Tiger Show:
- This show is about the various types of tigers (Mon–Thu &Sun: 6.00 PM – 7.30 PM, Fri–Sat: 6.00 PM – 7.30 PM and 8.30 PM)
Phone: +66 (53) 999 000
Fax: +66 (53) 999 000
Facebook: Chiang Mai Night Safari
Are there any dangerous animals?
- Yes, there are wild animals, but they are protected by their cage.
Is there any place for food and beverages?
- Yes, there is a Kiosk available for food and drinks.
How long does it take to tour the whole place?
- Anywhere between 4-5 hours depending on whether you choose to watch the shows or not.
Are the tickets refundable?
- Primarily the tickets are non-refundable. However, if there are any emergencies, then you may request a refund.
Can I pay for the ticket online?
- Yes, visit the website and choose your choice of a ticket and then purchase through credit card or bank transfer.
Can we take pictures inside?
- Yes, picture taking is allowed as long as there is no flash to the animal’s eye as it may aggravate the animal.
What are some things I should bring?
- Some essentials you can bring are a bag, water, some money, a camera or a phone, and personal items.