About Yummy Tasty Chiang Mai Thai Cooking Class
In the heart of Chiang Mai City, there lies a cooking class that will teach how to cook traditional Thai food like a pro. Yummy Tasty Thai Cooking School assures you a fun, enjoyable, and yummy time. In the place, you will learn how to cook traditional Thai food from treasured recipe books and new techniques. The whole experience is for you to learn how to cook while a chef can answer all your questions. Additionally, you do not need to clean up after you’ve made a mess because the staff will do it for you. Cutting vegetables might be an easy task, but over here, you will learn all kinds of techniques that have been passed down by the elderly.
Apart from all the cooking, you get to enjoy the traditional Thai menu with items such as Khao Soi, Tom Yum Kung, Pad Thai, Panang Curry, Massaman Curry, and Som Tum. They will also teach you how to make Thai desserts such as Mango and sticky rice. The most fun part about this experience is that you get to meet new people from different countries, and you get to learn about the authenticity of Thai cuisine.
Yummy Tasty Thai Cooking school provides two sessions one in the morning and one in the evening. Both of the packages have the same amount of activities. The whole experience is fun because all throughout your days, you will get to learn something new about Thai cuisine or the locality. Other than that, after the activity, you will get a small gift of your finished food and recipe book. Other than that, you can enjoy their other facilities like free transportation around Chiang Mai downtown (3km), warm, humble herbal tea, and in-season fruit. If you have never cooked with a wok before then, it will be your first fun experience with a wok. In addition to all the fun, you also get headbands for extra motivation and obviously to let your hair stay in one place.
The most important part of the experience is that the kitchen has a lovely homely touch, which makes the whole experience entertaining. Along with having fun, you can pick up new styles and techniques to share and cook back at home. The staff is super friendly, and she takes all the customers to local farmers and the market to pick up ingredients for their dish. That way, the customers can experience the local atmosphere and, most importantly, have fun while cooking. Whether you go with a group of friends or alone, the experience of cooking will remain the same because you will feel proud after you have cooked such traditional dishes.
How to get there
Yummy Tasty Thai Cooking Class is only 10 mins away from the central Chiang Mai City. You can use local taxis or the grab app.
Car: 169/274 Ratchadamnoen Rd, Behind Wat Sri-Kerd, Phrasing, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
You can also choose to walk there because it is located right in the center of the town.
Yummy Tasty Thai Cooking Class operates from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM all week.
Price and Packages
|Ticket Type||Online Price||Experience duration|
|Mourning Course||฿ 800||8:15 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Evening Course||฿ 800||3:15 PM – 8:30 PM|
|The visitor (just watching)||฿ 400||Morning or evening|
For more information visit: https://www.yummytastycooking.com/course/
- You will get to cook in a commercial kitchen
- Each class holds around 2-10 people
- You will get all the ingredients for cooking
- You get to visit local markets to gather ingredients
- You will get to view different recipes and will be taught step by step
- You will get a free recipe book from the staff
- Free beverages
- Free Herbal tea and in-season fruit
- Free wifi
- Free transportation within 3 km of Chiang Mai downtown
Yummy Tasty Thai Cooking Class has two different sessions one in the morning and the other in the evening. Both of these sessions offer the same activities.
All dishes are cooked from scratch, and all recipes are provided along with the unique techniques.
- Includes a morning pickup from 8:15 AM – 8:45 AM
- Also consists of a cooking lesson where you can choose 5 different dishes + 1 curry paste
- Consists of a morning pickup from 3:15 AM – 3:45 AM
- Also includes a cooking lesson where you can choose 5 different dishes + 1 curry paste
- People who are not interested in cooking but want to watch can come and enjoy the facilities for just 400 baht.
Phone: +66 (0) 837628006
Whatsapp: +66 83 762 8006
Is the food safe to eat?
- Yes, the ingredients used are 100% fresh
Are the chefs polite?
- Yes, they are trained chefs and have experience with a lot of people
How long does each session take?
- Each session can last up to 6 hours
What should I bring?
- A backpack, a change of clothes if needed, some personal items, and a drive to learn about new dishes.
Is the local market a long walk?
- Not really, it is like a local market for ingredients, around an hour.
Do you get aprons?
- Yes, all types of equipment are provided for the course.
Is there a beverage store nearby?
- Beverages are provided in the class, but if you feel like drinking something else, then you will be visiting the market to gather ingredients so you can take a look around and buy whatever you need.
Is there a toilet around there?
- Yes, there is a toilet/bathroom.
Can you record the experience?
- Yes, you are allowed to record the whole experience on your phone or a video camera.
What if I don’t know how to cook?
- Don’t worry, you do not have to be a professional to learn cooking, the instructor will teach you how to cook from A to Z.